Friday, May 25, 2018

bentley

I always liked Dickels MD#3, but I don't have the time to craft it out of styrene, so it's mostly printed and uses left over parts from other robots. The base was an idea to make a small omni directional drive with small servos for steering and encoders and cheap motors for the drive. There wasn't enough space in that design. Now its the right size base for the MD#3 body I replaced the stepper motors with mini servos that reduced complexity. I had some 3.2-volt lithium batteries from another project I run the motors on a  6.4 volts battery pack and the Arduino on the 9.6-volt battery pack to reduce noise
Bentley has 3 Arduinos
a Due in the base to control the steering servos and drive motors
2 Arduino pro minis  in the chest for the servos
I use I2C for comms between the arduinos.


No comments:

Post a Comment